PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I saw the light but now its dimming!!!!

alewithjam
April 24th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Hi all!

Thats right i saw the light and i dual booted my dell Vostro 400 with vista and Ubuntu.

But now what:confused:?

I'm so keen to learn about Linux and since getting a PC with vista (which says it all really) I'm even more determined to learn.
But (yes another but) I'm having troubles and as you might have noticed I'm not going to just turn my back on Ubuntu because of this and i really need a little help.

And as with so many people its with my ATI RADEON HD2400 PRO i have searched the threads and even posted but maybe here it will suit better.

I have fglrx installed and i have overlayed Xv but when typing fglrx info i recive an exlib error telling i have no load glx.

Well with some advice from forum i added load glx into modules and still have same problem.
i have reconfigured xserver twice now and now my screen shows a green tinge around the outside of all graphics and my desktop changed to a red color.

Sorry this is so long but i would really like some advice and some help, Ubuntu as my primary OS would be great. Another thing is everything is EXTRA LARGE....

Thank you very much in advance any other info you would need i will post.

Ben

drsaamah
April 25th, 2008, 04:26 AM
I think the issue with your "extra large" resolution is incorrect drivers for your graphics card. Unfortunately I know nothing about the Radeon, so hopefully this post will at least *bump* your thread up so someone with more experience can help. Good luck to you. Its a bit of a bumpy journey at first, but you'll be amazed at how fast you learn your way around a linux OS. I switched about 14 months ago, and now I can't fathom going back to Windows... nor do I have any reason to! Be patient, the community is extremely helpful.

alewithjam
April 25th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the reply im sure i will get this sorted one way or the other as i said IM NOT GIVING UP on linux.