PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] *Wired* network doesn't work?

edmicman
April 24th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I'm trying to run the 8.04 LiveCD to check things out. I've been impressed in the past, and it looks like this one's wireless is better so it's the version I'd like to finally switch over to. Anyway...

I'm on a Dell Inspiron 600m. It's wired ethernet is a Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5720X Gigabit ethernet. I do have a wireless card, too: Broadcom BCM4309.

I realized the wireless drivers needed to be set up to work, so I've got an ethernet cable plugged into the laptop. The LiveCD boots just fine, and everything looks good. It even looks like the wired network is good, too - it shows that it has a local IP address, and the DNS/gateway are my home router. But I can't access anything, can't ping anything, can't resolve anything. I can't even ping the router which it says is configured as the gateway.

Am I doing something wrong? I swear I've ran livecds on this laptop before and the wired connection worked....but I don't know. I'd prefer to make sure this all works before blowing away my existing winxp installation! If there's any troubleshooting/diagnostics I can post, I can do those, too. Thanks for any help!

superprash2003
April 24th, 2008, 05:23 PM
can you please post results of ifconfig

edmicman
April 24th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Hrm....now it seems to be working :-/. Weird....maybe I needed to reboot with the ethernet cable plugged in? Thanks for the help anyway!

dhavalmalvania
December 29th, 2011, 01:46 AM
i m using back track 5 r1 and how do i connect my nokia E63 phone having the reliance india GSM card to connect to internet? can any one please tell me with tutorial
thanks in advanced