PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] A Couple of questions

aehirst
April 24th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Hi, I have played around with Linux and Ubuntu before and I have decided to stick with it more permanently.
I have a few questions however.
I'm a big gamer so I will need to dual boot vista. Is there a fast way to switch between the two or will I have to restart and reload?

Also I have a 1TB HDD with all my software, videos, music formatted in NTFS. Is there anyway to make this visible to Ubuntu?

Thanks

swoll1980
April 24th, 2008, 04:22 PM
If you use a virtual machine you can switch fast but because it runs over top of vista you wont get full performence out of the ubuntu install. Theres a program called wubi on the install disk if you run the disk under windows it will install ubuntu like an application rather than an operating system. Ubuntu will automaticly read and mount the installed hard drive if installed normaly as a operating system.
Another thing to add as well if you install ubuntu in a virtual machine you wont get any of the 3d effects

cykotiktek
April 24th, 2008, 04:23 PM
I have not seen a way to fast switch you have to reboot to go to the other os. As far as seeing the other drive i think it is possible i have an NTFS drive and i have no problems accessing it.