PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] evolution mail question

lunaluna
April 24th, 2008, 10:06 AM
can i set evolution every time i send something from my inbox to deleted happen the same time to webmail?

Canis familiaris
April 24th, 2008, 10:08 AM
can i set evolution every time i send something from my inbox to deleted happen the same time to webmail?

Can you rephrase your question. I cannot understand it.

rouge568
April 24th, 2008, 12:53 PM
What she is saying is that she wants to be able to delete a message in her client software and have that message automatically deleted on the online client.
E.g. Ah! I have spam! Let me delete it. Now let me go to a different computer and check my mail again through a web browser. Oh! I'm so glad I deleted that spam on my own computer and had it automatically deleted here. Now my clutter is way down!

I don't know the answer (I use thunderbird), but this should clarify the question.

warbread
April 24th, 2008, 01:17 PM
The answer is IMAP. Your webmail server must support this, and they should have more instructions on their site. I used Thunderbird and Gmail, and this works perfectly.

hellomoto
April 24th, 2008, 01:39 PM
i use izymail, they retrieve all my mail from hotmail which doesnt allow POp3 by default and then it automaticly removes the mail from the hotmail server too.

rplantz
April 26th, 2008, 06:07 PM

I think what you need to do is to open your "Trash" folder, then use Folder -> Expunge. You might have several Trash folders, but you should be able to tell where your "deleted" mail is going.

I have two imap accounts and did not realize for some time that I needed to do this additional step in order to delete the mail from the server.

Fedz
April 26th, 2008, 06:21 PM
In Evolution > Edit Preferences > mail preferences > general (tab) > delete mail

x the option for 'empty trash folder on exit (every time)'.

Otherwise just highlight trash folder > right click and empty trash - this will delete, deleted mail from your inbox :)

Hope this helps :)