PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Server stops responding when downloading Gmail to Evolution

shmoe010
April 24th, 2008, 05:28 AM
I just setup my Evolution client with my gmail account info, and I set my gmail up so that pop clients will download all my mail (not just new messages) and leave the original on the server as a backup copy.

Anyway, I set up Evolution and it began downloading my messages - it got to about 280 or so and then gave an error. When I hit the send/receive button again it says "Error fetching mail: Read/Write" and a bunch of code. Then I played with my gmail settings some more, and lo and behold it downloaded another like 80 messages before giving me the same error.

It would be great if I could get it to grab all of my email at once, as I have a looooot of email on gmail that I need on this linux box for reference, and it would be a pain and a half to continually babysit it for every 100 messages or so. I would rather avoid IMAP because I had it with thunderbird and it was excessively slow and prone to errors.

Is there a setting I can modify on Evolution (or Thunderbird, but I had similar POP problems on there too) to force it to continue downloading until it's done? Because as it stands now I can't even receive new email.

Thanks in advance!

Kdawkins
April 24th, 2008, 05:42 AM
Are you sure you have all the settings in Gmail set up correctly? If I was you, I would start from scratch (settings wise) to make sure you didn't un-intentionally make an error. Because you are not able to recieve new message leads me to think that there is some auto-update setting in evolution you don't have set.

--Kevin