PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help with flash i think

braydon619
April 23rd, 2008, 04:37 AM
hi everyone, first post :D

recently i had installed linux on my new comp i got and i enjoyed it ALOT... everything seemed to work fine, and what didn't could figure out.
the HDD crashed on me about 2 weeks after i got it though so i sent it back and got it replaced so i just got the comp back. today i set it up so i'm dual booting ubuntu and the horrible vista. installation went fine, partioning and everything too... i did the updates, turned on some codecs to play music, installed aMSN, and then tried to youtube...

here's my problem... youtube works now but many other sites that stream videos won't play... .swf files are the big one i noticed. I can't figure out how to get them to play... also almost all sites have a banner that won't display... it just has a "play" symbol with a circle around it and you have to click it too see that banners... i don't really like that.... if anyone can help me figure this out please and thanks... thanks for you patience, i'm trying to learn linux :D

bcnaat
April 25th, 2008, 02:40 AM
I'm having the same issue. When you click the arrow, what happens? My screen just goes black (browser screen only).

Kay