PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 9100 IGP + Hardy = Sad penguin

Snic
April 23rd, 2008, 04:01 AM
Okay, been dicking with this all day, poking about the web and the forum I found a few ideas, but most just ended up breaking my Xorg environment. I just moved from Gutsy to Hardy, in Gutsy Compiz and direct rendering worked flawlessly on my notebook -Toshiba Satellite A75 running an ATI 9100 IGP card. Now in Hardy I can't seem to get the direct rendering to enable, has anyone successfully gotten this running on a 9100 IGP?If so could you point me to a walkthrough or give me an idea of what I may be messing up?

Thanks in advanced and sorry if there's already a thread for this, poked about and didn't see one though.

canibal
April 26th, 2008, 07:44 AM
help us, we need help with this card.

Evil Wayz
May 1st, 2008, 05:37 PM
It took me several tries just to get Compiz working. IF someone could refresh my memory as to what command tells me if DRI is on or not I'll start working on it.

beanhead
June 5th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Ok I don't think the default Ati driver is very good, I have picture and when i drag things they are not jerky. Im running a hp zv 5000 with 2.8 ghz processor,778 megs of ram and a ati mobility radeon 9100 igp rs300m. I switch to xubuntu thinking my machine would run fast but im not seing mush improvement. Also i installed using wubi. Does wubi have anything to do with it ? any clarification would be awesome. thanks,Ron