PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] iSight on 64-it Mac Intel Hardy Heron

guj4_n3b3sk4
April 22nd, 2008, 10:21 AM
Need step by step guide to set up iSight on 64-bit Intel Macbook with Hardy Heron on it.

(if moderators see this thread inapropriate, remove it)

Thank You.

cyberdork33
April 22nd, 2008, 02:20 PM
Need step by step guide to set up iSight on 64-bit Intel Macbook with Hardy Heron on it.

(if moderators see this thread inapropriate, remove it)

Thank You.
Get isight-firmware-tools:
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/12950675/isight-firmware-tools_1.2-0ubuntu0%7Eppa1_amd64.deb

guj4_n3b3sk4
April 22nd, 2008, 02:36 PM
I am Ubuntu begginer. I have download it, what next? Sorry, but that's why I wrote step by step.

cyberdork33
April 22nd, 2008, 02:44 PM
I am Ubuntu begginer. I have download it, what next? Sorry, but that's why I wrote step by step.
double click the file to install it.

guj4_n3b3sk4
April 22nd, 2008, 03:11 PM
I have instaled that, rebooted system, and nothing. Neither ekiga or Skype recognizes my webcam. What next?

cyberdork33
April 22nd, 2008, 04:19 PM
I have instaled that, rebooted system, and nothing. Neither ekiga or Skype recognizes my webcam. What next?
ok. did you point it to your iSight Firmware? you should have a file named isight.fw in /lib/firmware. If not you will have to extract it manually. from the AppleUSBVideoSupport file found on your Mac partition.

sudo ift-extract --apple-driver AppleUSBVideoSupport

http://bersace03.free.fr/ift/

guj4_n3b3sk4
April 22nd, 2008, 04:48 PM
I have extracted it and isight.fw appeared. But still when I go to video devices in Skype or Ekiga on devices still writes: no devices found.

PS: I have set on Gutsy iSight cam and that setting was saved in one folder. After I have upgraded it to Hardy I've put that folder into trash, but trash won't empty. In that folder there's one folder called against-revision-140 and inside that folder there's one folder called src and it's empty. Dunno if there's something hidden, but when I try to empty my trash this appears:

There was an error deleting uvcvideo.mod

If it has to do anything with that, there's an info, and also how do I empty my trash?

Thank you for further steps.

cyberdork33
April 22nd, 2008, 05:49 PM
I have extracted it and isight.fw appeared. But still when I go to video devices in Skype or Ekiga on devices still writes: no devices found.

PS: I have set on Gutsy iSight cam and that setting was saved in one folder. After I have upgraded it to Hardy I've put that folder into trash, but trash won't empty. In that folder there's one folder called against-revision-140 and inside that folder there's one folder called src and it's empty. Dunno if there's something hidden, but when I try to empty my trash this appears:

There was an error deleting uvcvideo.mod

If it has to do anything with that, there's an info, and also how do I empty my trash?

Thank you for further steps.
it is because the permissions on the file do not let a normal user to delete it. look in ~/.Trash and you can delete it with sudo.

On that note, however, if you have used that installer, it replaces the version of uvcvideo that comes with Ubuntu and may be the source of the problem you are having.

mabovo
April 22nd, 2008, 08:24 PM
Does anybody have isight working with ift 0.2 and hal ?

guj4_n3b3sk4
April 22nd, 2008, 11:16 PM
I have deleted that folder from my trash, installed that package you have sent me link to, rebooted macbook, and nothing again. None of programes is detecting my iSight cam.

UH!!! Dunno why is this so complicated and why isn't working, I remmember setting iSight on Gutsy in notime.

If anyone can help me (if I need to copy something from shell, anything... just say), I'd be grateful.

Thank You.

cyberdork33
April 23rd, 2008, 01:39 AM
Does anybody have isight working with ift 0.2 and hal ?
You should be using IFT 1.2

Sorry I don't know what else to tell you. IFT seems to be working for you since it is saying the firmware is loaded.