PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Noob needs help with wireless Broadcom 4328

amir1979
April 22nd, 2008, 04:31 AM
hello all im new to the linux systems iv used windows my whole life... im trying to learn all the shell codes and how it works, so im sry if i might not understand or as repetive style questions....

i have a dell xps m1330 with a broadcom 4328 wireless n
i have just installed ubuntu 7.10 amd64 but shows up 7.10 (gutsy)

ive read and followed many instructions through various forums on here and other sites i have installed the drivers or tweaked it a bit for the system to kinda pick it up... i have a wireless option now but i cant pick up any signals... can someone possibly help me with trying to pick up a signal or setting up the wireless? my ethernet worked fine without any issues from install.

thank you

amir1979
April 22nd, 2008, 04:37 AM
NOTICE TO EVERYONE i have fixed and resolved this issue thank you for your help and time :)

amir1979
April 22nd, 2008, 05:07 AM
lol ok so i got the signal to work and im able to connect to my wireless network but i cant seem to get it to function it appears that i didnt get an ip address assigned all the ip and dns settings are 000.00.00 etc. is there a way to have it automatically get the settings?

amir1979
April 22nd, 2008, 09:50 AM
im just bumping this... please if anyone can help... i have the drivers installed and i am able to pick up wifi signals, but when i connect or attempt to connect it fails or i dont get an ip address....

enli
September 18th, 2008, 10:29 PM
im just bumping this... please if anyone can help... i have the drivers installed and i am able to pick up wifi signals, but when i connect or attempt to connect it fails or i dont get an ip address....

I didnt mean to hyjack the thread, but i was going to post in a new thread and found this 1. I too have the same problem. I can scan for networks and connect via nm-applet clicking on AP. The only problem is that i m not getting assigned an ip address. And as the amir told, i too have other fields such as IP, dns etc fields 0.

Long story short : Me and my friend purchased Inspiron 1525 which came with BCM4328 (Rev v.3). He has some other card and we both installed the ndiswrapper from fiesty tutorial (i dont have a link right now). It worked (i was able to access the internet for around 30 mins) but it suddenly stopped working. After that i was never able to connect it.

Cheers
EnLi

Sealbhach
September 18th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Try

sudo dhclient wlan0