PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Help with fullscreen mode in virtual box

famous3warriors
April 14th, 2008, 03:59 AM
I am using Hardy Heron Ubuntu Studio i386 and have virtual box up and running thanks to a lot of the posts that I was reading out there. I just haven't found one with my problem or maybe just haven't worded it right. I press the left ctrl button + f and I get the full screen mode. Ok here is the problem win xp comes up and works fine but it has a i guess picture frame of complete black around it I don't get the whole screen like I see on utube and others that have screen shots of xp running on ubuntu. How do I get the whole screen running correctly? Also when I hit the host key to get out of full screen mode my whole computer restarts over again. Thanks for your help. I really do appreciate it.:)

famous3warriors
April 14th, 2008, 04:25 AM
All of that just to say How can I expand my screen resolution higher. I am only getting 1024x768 and my whole screen is 1440x900. I apologize for that.

famous3warriors
April 14th, 2008, 04:32 AM
I found the link and fixed the problem thanks guys. Not being sarcastic I just really appreciate all the help. Can't find this any ware. I just one day I can really get familiar with all the apps and give a hand.

AldenIsZen
April 15th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Care to share that link as your's is the first and only thread I have seen on getting full screen to work in full resolution?

Thanks,

- Alden

hellhound_x
July 15th, 2008, 04:33 PM
care to share that link?

hellhound_x
July 15th, 2008, 04:36 PM
To take it out of full screen mode you can use right ctrl + f
Then type sudo /media/cdrom/VBoxLinuxAdditions.run in a terminal, reboot and you're sorted

gunnz
August 2nd, 2008, 12:15 AM
hello,
hope this is helpfull to somewone
i had the same problem with full screen in virtualbox.i run ubuntu 8.04 on a Acer Aspire 5315 and i had change the resolution in the virtual xp from 640x480 to 1280x1024.instantly the window of virtual box went to the whole screen and then right ctrl+F and there it was a "full screen"

all the best from a noob trying to give something back :)