PDA

View Full Version : ies4linux+MySpaceIM - How?

rocky5051
April 13th, 2008, 11:12 PM
I heard on the appDB of one "success" story getting MySpaceIM to connect by using ies4linux. Problem being that I don't understand how to use ies4linux with MySpaceIM to make it work.

I know that when it installs, it installs itself to a separate directory from the .wine directory (being .ies4linux). Other than that, I really don't know.

The one user that posted test data had said that he took the things in the drive_c folder of the .ies4linux directory and put it in his .wine directory. I have things already installed so to be safe I selectively copied and pasted things over (not including the ies4linux registry files) but it didn't help any.

I'm testing this program for a friend of mine, who uses it regularly. It's basically the only reason he doesn't want to switch over to linux (although he despises Windows Vista, which he has).

Thanks in Advance. :)

EDIT: Forgot to give specs of my wine installation...

Kubuntu 7.10 x86
WINE version 0.9.59
The program was running under stock settings (Windows XP Mode, no DLL overrides, ALSA sound driver although I don't think that's important)
I have ies4linux, RealOne Player v2, WMP 10, Age of Mythology, Maxthon 2, MSN Messenger 7.0, Legends of Might and Magic, and Unreal Tournament installed.

inaety
April 14th, 2008, 12:25 AM
you can use the MySpaceIM protocol with pidgin

rocky5051
April 14th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Yeah, but last time I set him up with Pidgin, he didn't like it (said it confused him and that he liked MySpaceIM more. Personally, I hate MySpaceIM; it has several features that are just plain "useless" so to say, but I'm not him =\).

Thanks for mentioning that, though.