PDA

View Full Version : Installing WoW Battlechest on WINE .59?

jimleko
April 13th, 2008, 08:36 PM
I bought the Battlechest, and so I inserted the disk into my computer. Using the guide that is found at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft, I attempted to install. I got to the part where it tells me to input the command
wine Installer.exe

That didn't do anything for me, so I double clicked on the installer, and it popped up with the error message : No installer data could be found. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support.

This popped up after about 3 minutes.

Since I am using WINE, I don't think I should contact Blizzard.

I have copied the entire CD into this directory, and have tried it in both XP and 2000 mode.

I am using Ubuntu 7.10, and WINE 0.59.

Can someone please help me? Thank you in advance. Whatever you would like me to post, I can post it.

rickggreen
April 14th, 2008, 05:45 AM
I have battlechest also,never could install under wine. Two options, if you dual boot then install under XP then you can run off the XP folder, or copy to your wine C: drive. Or you can go the download root from Blizzard site, because you have both activation codes.
Either way you end up with the same thing
BTW I am running under 59 with 2.4 patch, I have the shift key problem note elsewhere in the forums, which means I should revert to the wine 58, but I have found the other than the shift problem, everything else is working. I am getting 70+ fps other than in main cities where I drop to 40+ and my lag is usually around 60. Under XP I have never done better than 55 fps and never had lag less than 100

russ18uk
April 14th, 2008, 01:57 PM
I have battlechest also,never could install under wine. Two options, if you dual boot then install under XP then you can run off the XP folder, or copy to your wine C: drive. Or you can go the download root from Blizzard site, because you have both activation codes.
Either way you end up with the same thing
BTW I am running under 59 with 2.4 patch, I have the shift key problem note elsewhere in the forums, which means I should revert to the wine 58, but I have found the other than the shift problem, everything else is working. I am getting 70+ fps other than in main cities where I drop to 40+ and my lag is usually around 60. Under XP I have never done better than 55 fps and never had lag less than 100

Driver setting equal (AA/AF)?