PDA

View Full Version : Changing disks installing stuff with wine

MonkeyPlus
April 13th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I'm installing the orange box with wine and I am having trouble with the disk change. Seems the orange box installer just doesn't want to let go of the last file on the first disk when it prompts me to insert the second disk, so neither umount or eject work (I've tried both through sudo as well).

I've also tried runnin the installer from the hard drive whilst the second disk is inserted to complete the installation but with no success.

Any ideas?

Stormspireiv
April 14th, 2008, 03:02 AM
You may have already tried this, but it doesn't hurt mentioning it.

wine eject

It is different from the eject command.

SBFC
April 16th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Don't forget to actually setup your cdrom/dvdrom in winecfg though. After you assign it a drive letter you can do as Stormspireiv said and 'wine eject d:'...

PsYcO~KJ
April 16th, 2008, 07:54 PM
I had this same problem with tyring to install counterstrike. All i did was when it prompted me to insert the 2nd cd, i disconnected the power to my cd-rom, used a paperclip to put in the eject hole on the front panel of the cd-rom, opened the drive, took out cd#1, insert #2, closed the cd-rom, and reconnected the power, hit retry, and all was well.

if this doesnt work, and nothign anyelse says helps, just install steam itself, and then install the games you want through steam, ive doen that with CS:S and others

SBFC
April 16th, 2008, 11:23 PM
I had this same problem with tyring to install counterstrike. All i did was when it prompted me to insert the 2nd cd, i disconnected the power to my cd-rom, used a paperclip to put in the eject hole on the front panel of the cd-rom, opened the drive, took out cd#1, insert #2, closed the cd-rom, and reconnected the power, hit retry, and all was well.

Wow...

PsYcO~KJ
April 17th, 2008, 03:24 AM
Wow...

why wow, cause i did it, or wow cause it worked?

Rafadagaffer
April 17th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Probably wow at the fact that the tray wouldn't open at all without the power cable attached or maybe how dangerous it is to be sticking your hand inside your pc's case while the its on, or the fact that you are suggesting other people do these things :lolflag:

stinger30au
April 17th, 2008, 09:58 PM
why wow, cause i did it, or wow cause it worked?

both:lolflag: