PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Portage, Indiana!

Gralthaximon
April 13th, 2008, 12:54 AM
I have been using Ubuntu since about 2005 and am rather pleased with it. I switched from Fedora to Ubuntu and am happy to say it was a great choice. However, I recently bought a new hard-drive and installed version 7.10 on the new drive. For some reason 7.10 isn't letting me install the restricted driver for the nVidia products I have in my system. Before, after installing I did used the up-date manager and got all of the software and security up-dates and also installed the restricted drives. However, this isn't the case. There is nothing wrong with the hard-drive and the original hardware I used while installing 7.10 the first time are the same. I have an active Internet connection, but when I check for up-dates it tells me that my system is up to date. While trying to install the restricted drivers, it will not let me either. Any help would be great. Simply reply to this thread and/or e-mail me at morphew@bluebottle.com

visualdeception
April 13th, 2008, 05:13 AM
Greetings!!

Have you tried using Envy to install the latest Nvidia drivers? http://albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html I use it and have had no problems with the drivers (currently running an NVIDIA Quadro - dual monitor) You may also need to look into Xrandr. But try envy first and let us know if it works!!

simon.a.ruiz
April 13th, 2008, 06:18 AM
Howdy!

For some reason 7.10 isn't letting me install the restricted driver for the nVidia products I have in my system. [...] While trying to install the restricted drivers, it will not let me either.

I would love to help if I can, as I'm sure would many others. That's one of the things that rocks about Linux in general and Ubuntu in specific.

More information might help us help you.

For starters:

What process are you trying to install them with?

Does it give you an error message?

Does it just not give you the option?

Have a beautiful weekend!