PDA

View Full Version : Edits needed in "About Ubuntu Forums' section

iobelisk
April 12th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Hi,

This is not so much a big deal but there are a few grammatical errors in the "about ubuntu forums" section http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=about (See about ubuntu forums history bit)

I'm not sure if that page gets a lot of visits, but it would not look nice if an outside visitor went there and saw typos etc, so i took a couple of minutes to edit it. you don't have to take my edits below but it would be nice if somebody could revise the text in that section.

a quick edit:

Ubuntu Forums was created by Ryan Troy (ubuntu-geek) in October 2004. The forum quickly escalated as a popular resource for Ubuntu users and was deemed the Official Ubuntu Forum in November 2004. Ryan continued to host and maintain the forum at his own expense until March 2006 when Canonical graciously offered to bear all costs associated with the forum. In June, 2007, the forum's domain, license and assets were transfered to Canonical. They now retain sole ownership of Ubuntu Forums.

<Para Break here>

Ryan continues to maintain the forum and serves on the Forums Council with Mike, KiwiNZ, Matthew and Jdong.

thanks

iobelisk
May 5th, 2008, 02:22 AM
hi, just wanted to bump this up so an admin can get a chance to be aware of this.