PDA

View Full Version : cxoffice and wine problems on Gusty

WilSteele
April 11th, 2008, 12:28 AM
ok, so I have been using cxoffice for some time to run some windows software that there is not linux equivalent of, I have not had any problems running this on my desktop of 7.04. A couple of weeks ago I switched to Ubuntu on my laptop, 7.10, and cxoffice ran fine till recently. I was getting no response from installed programs when launched either from the shortcut, menu, or from the "run windows command" option in the CrossOffice menu. I have tried to fix this, and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling this. when reinstalling i get the error "An error occurred during the Wine environment creation / update in '/home/orange/.cxoffice/win98'. This application may fail to start."
I get this on all of my bottles. Even after removing my bottles I still get this error on reinstall.
Any Ideas?

wieman01
April 11th, 2008, 07:40 AM
What's the output when you start CXOffice from command line?

WilSteele
April 11th, 2008, 08:32 AM
when trying to run a program I get not response. When trying to install programs i get the following:
"CrossOver Setup failed to gather information on your system due to a Wine error. Click on 'Retry' if you want CrossOver Setup to kill all CrossOver applications (in case they are hung), and try again. Or click on 'Ignore' to ignore the error and continue anyway."

Clicking retry gives me the following:
"Unable to launch '"/home/orange/cxoffice/bin/cxreset" -f':

error: unknown option '-f'
cxreset:error: try 'cxreset --help' for more information'

after clicking ok on this i get a "Fatal Error: Unable to list of installed fonts." followed by a lot of code. It is not letting me copy and paste though.

If I click ignore on the first error it goes right to the fonts error.

padreal
May 4th, 2008, 12:12 PM
hello. Has anyone resolved this matter? I have exactly the same issue under Hardy Heron

bowman795
May 11th, 2008, 01:10 AM
hello. Has anyone resolved this matter? I have exactly the same issue under Hardy Heron

Just jumping in also to say I have this exact same problem. First attempt to install Crossover. Works fine on my FC7 box...

Any ideas?

rederic4
August 6th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Also having exact problem after reinstall of Hardy - anyone have any ideas?