PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] About the upcoming forum maintenance and timezone changes.

odiseo77
April 9th, 2008, 03:08 AM
Hello, forum staff and admins. I just saw the announce about the upcoming forum maintenance (4/9/2008 at 22:00 UTC) and I was wondering if there will be a correction in the time zone changes. I ask this because at the end of the last year there was a time zone change in my country and now Venezuela is -4:30 GMT instead of -4:00 GMT as it was before (there's no summer time here, so it's the same all year long). The problem is I can't choose -4:30 GMT in my control panel because when I try to do it, there's no option for the new time zone, as you can see in the attached picture. Not that I care too much about this minor issue, but sometimes it might be a bit uncomfortable (and I'm also curious, since I'm having the same "problem" in other forums I use to visit) :)

Regards and thanks in advance for your answers.

ubuntu-geek
April 9th, 2008, 03:20 AM
I'll check it out and report back soon.

odiseo77
April 9th, 2008, 03:22 AM
Ok, thanks for your interest!

ubuntu-geek
April 9th, 2008, 03:25 AM
There will be a option for -4:30 GMT in the near future.

odiseo77
April 9th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Good! Thank you for solving this issue. It's minor, but sometimes it's uncomfortable having to subtract half an hour to the times I see in the forum. Thank you again :)

ubuntu-geek
April 9th, 2008, 03:37 AM
No problem :)