PDA

View Full Version : could you expose a secret?

NullHead
April 9th, 2008, 03:06 AM
hehe well I just looked at the announcement my ubunt-geek and I'm wondering what the "major forum upgrade" might be? I suppose I can wait till you're all done doing this "upgrade" but I'm just curious to know :mrgreen:

jpeddicord
April 9th, 2008, 03:41 AM
Nah. :KS

FuturePilot
April 9th, 2008, 04:28 AM
Where's this announcement?

jpeddicord
April 9th, 2008, 04:28 AM
Where's this announcement?

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4680911

NullHead
April 9th, 2008, 04:29 AM
](*,) but but! I'm just dieing to know!!!! is it a new version of vBulletin!! :rolleyes:

FuturePilot
April 9th, 2008, 04:30 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4680911

Hehe, that's where it was hiding. Thank you :)

NullHead
April 9th, 2008, 04:34 AM
OH OH I'll bet it's this; http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=1531782

:twisted:

ubuntu-geek
April 9th, 2008, 04:51 AM
Well we'll be upgrading to 3.7 and archiving the current forum :) We'll have a FAQ soon.

NullHead
April 9th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Hay cool :D You mean we'll be beta testing? or will there be a new release that I simply don't know about?

I wish not to imply, but I'm sure you know there will be fear of loosing all the current work everyone has done, but I have faith in you :D

I hope it all goes as according as planed!

-grubby
April 9th, 2008, 06:24 AM
AFAIK, vBulletin 3.7 is still in testing, so yes, we'll be testing

tamoneya
April 9th, 2008, 06:26 AM
here is a post about vbulletin showing some of the new features to be added.
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249460.

FuturePilot
April 9th, 2008, 06:32 AM
AFAIK, vBulletin 3.7 is still in testing, so yes, we'll be testing

Oooo. We get to test :)

Wow. 3.7 looks awesome! Can't wait to see it. :D

ubuntu-geek
April 9th, 2008, 11:17 AM
We'll be testing, I'll be posting a FAQ later today/tonight depending on how the day goes work wise.

Joeb454
April 9th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Are we using the Tag feature? I don't imagine it'd be feasible for this forum :)

bvm
April 9th, 2008, 11:29 AM
wow- 3.7=facebook?

ubuntu-geek
April 9th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Are we using the Tag feature? I don't imagine it'd be feasible for this forum :)
Yes, we'll be using the tag and prefix features.

analoog
April 9th, 2008, 01:09 PM
will all the "social" features of 3.7 be set to enabled or disabled?
cos there are already plenty of site's to upload your photo's, or join the pizza fan club...

ubuntu-geek
April 9th, 2008, 01:16 PM
will all the "social" features of 3.7 be set to enabled or disabled?
cos there are already plenty of site's to upload your photo's, or join the pizza fan club...
We haven't decided. The social groups might be used for "teams".

NullHead
April 9th, 2008, 03:11 PM
wow I'm just going over the link given earlier. It looks like they're turning the new version of vBulletin into a myspace/facebook ... Is the forum going to use these features such as the profile customization and buddy list?

I suppose I can just wait for the F.A.Q :roll:

FuturePilot
April 9th, 2008, 04:47 PM
wow I'm just going over the link given earlier. It looks like they're turning the new version of vBulletin into a myspace/facebook ... Is the forum going to use these features such as the profile customization and buddy list?

Heh, that was kind of my first reaction as well. :shock:

notwen
April 9th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Scary. =x

LaRoza
April 9th, 2008, 05:54 PM

From what I saw, they are not on that scale. They are a step up from what we have now, but it isn't radically different.

jpeddicord
April 9th, 2008, 08:27 PM

Buddy lists are already supported in your profiles; see the navbar on User CP towards the bottom. 3.7 adds 2-way "facebook-style" friendships as well.