PDA

View Full Version : Mythvideo img file and sound problem

axelsvag
April 8th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I recently discovered a little annoying thing when I use the mythvideo. I use the Internal player and try to play a file with the extension img. Picture works perfectly, subtitles also, but sound is completely gone and I canīt find any menues to change sound though I know the file hold info for both stereo and 5.1 sound. When I play the file outside mythtv with for example VLC or xine the sound is OK and the rest aswell though the totem says it is a bitstreamerror. Is there any solution to get Internal player to play img files with sound? (Avi, mpg and other file types works perfectly with the Internal player. )

axelsvag
April 9th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Does anyone get an img or iso file to play sound with the internal player??
I can get it to work with vlc but I would appreciate the Internal because of the 30 s jump function instead of the faster function.

axelsvag
April 11th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Now I have come a few steps further in my fault localisation. It seems after testing many iso/img files that there is some files that actually play sounds correctly. Maybe it has something to do weither the files contain 5.1 sound or just stereo. Could it be that the Internal player pick the first and if it is a 5.1 configuration and I just have a plain stereo system mythtv does not give any input to the soundcard. When I use vls as the player I can get a menu to change the soundcarrier but I could find a similiar menu for the Internal. Maybe it is a longshot?