PDA

View Full Version : gutsy wifi problem moved to development (hardy heron)?

old_dog
April 8th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Earlier today asked advice about wifi on a gutsy system and my thread was moved to Development (Hardy Heron).
Is there something I have missed down the line? It does worry me that moving my post to a development forum will give people the impression I have a clue what I am doing, OK I have mastered the ls command!

OR is it a subtle way of telling me to upgrade?

Cheers
old_dog

forestpixie
April 8th, 2008, 04:37 PM
I guess the mod assumed it was about hardy, there's a mention of it in there - open you're old thread - report it and ask for it to be moved back where it should be.

Moving it to there isn't about how clued up you are - if it was about hardy (which I can see it's not) that's where it should be.

kolisikepu
April 8th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Earlier today asked advice about wifi on a gutsy system and my thread was moved to Development (Hardy Heron).
Is there something I have missed down the line? It does worry me that moving my post to a development forum will give people the impression I have a clue what I am doing, OK I have mastered the ls command!

OR is it a subtle way of telling me to upgrade?

Cheers
old_dog

I'll go with the subtle way to upgrade... :lolflag:

Have you tried Hardy beta? I did, but I came back to Gutsy as I was having a problem with one thing and that was my 'Delete' button not working. I thought I could live without it, but I didn't realise how much I depend on this stoopid button. Hardy though, did fix all other problems I was having with Gutsy, but Gutsy is now working properly for me.