PDA

View Full Version : Why not add the ability to enable some sort of LaTeX to a post?

MONODA
April 7th, 2008, 06:33 PM
I realized that this might be quite difficult but I find it very hard sometimes to structure a post here on the forums, especially a long one. What I am suggesting is a button to enable LaTeX for a post in the editing toolbar. for example, you cannot indent using tab, you need to press space. in LaTeX you could just type \indent. First of all is this even possible, second, would it be worth it?

LaRoza
April 7th, 2008, 06:37 PM
I realized that this might be quite difficult but I find it very hard sometimes to structure a post here on the forums, especially a long one. What I am suggesting is a button to enable LaTeX for a post in the editing toolbar. for example, you cannot indent using tab, you need to press space. in LaTeX you could just type \indent. First of all is this even possible, second, would it be worth it?

It would be possible, but very unlikely to happen. Programmatically, it would be easy I think, and they can alter the code. However, altering the code takes time and can break upgrades.

Although I do wish I could tab (4 spaces)...

If you are making a long post, or something that needs to be structured, you could type it in an editor.

I am sure there is a Fx extension for that, and Opera has notes built in.

MONODA
April 7th, 2008, 06:41 PM
yeah I guess so *runs to the corner and cries*. It was just an idea but most likely isnt practical enough.