PDA

View Full Version : Linux Tech show

Zerocool10482
October 12th, 2005, 04:00 PM
What would you say to a linux tech show. On the internet to download that would be starring Ubuntu in the first few episodes. I'm talking to some friends of mine and are thinking of starting things up. I just wanted to know what anyone else would like to say about doing this show about open source. I haven't seen any shows about open source and the ones that do just leave up for only 2 mins. My plan is to have a show that will show off open source and of course Ubuntu in a 20-30 min show.

Draft: 1. Installing Linux 2. Updating 3. Customize 4. Get other Software (Multimedia, programs and cool stuff).

I know it my sound corny but it will be for people who don't know about linux and open source. I want to show them an open source world.

dusanyu
October 12th, 2005, 10:32 PM
a Linux "Pod cast" ? why is it corny their are a few of them

ie Linux Link tech show http://tllts.info/

an ubuntu centric Show is a killer idea
just remember to set up an RSS feed so people can cath the latest version using "pod catching" software

Technoviking
October 12th, 2005, 10:51 PM
a Linux "Pod cast" ? why is it corny their are a few of them

ie Linux Link tech show http://tllts.info/

an ubuntu centric Show is a killer idea
just remember to set up an RSS feed so people can cath the latest version using "pod catching" software
Wouldn't LUG radio be consider a Ubuntu centric podcast:).

Zerocool10482
October 13th, 2005, 07:53 AM
The show would be view. More like showing people who use windows, Mac OS X what linux can do. The reason for the show is to have video of linux in action. How to install, update, and get software. I've never seen a show that really shows linux. LUG radio is cool but that's about linux.

I'm not a linux master but this video will be for newbies like me.

Once again video not audio.

zrothe
October 16th, 2005, 06:03 PM
and how are we linux users going to access pod cast media?

zrothe
October 16th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Guess I should search around before I open my mouth. There are clients out there beside apple's itunes.

az
October 16th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Lugradio rules!

Bring back Sparkes!

sal
October 16th, 2005, 07:13 PM
and how are we linux users going to access pod cast media?
the breezy reppos have ippoder. you could use that.

sal
October 16th, 2005, 07:15 PM
What would you say to a linux tech show. On the internet to download that would be starring Ubuntu in the first few episodes. I'm talking to some friends of mine and are thinking of starting things up. I just wanted to know what anyone else would like to say about doing this show about open source. I haven't seen any shows about open source and the ones that do just leave up for only 2 mins. My plan is to have a show that will show off open source and of course Ubuntu in a 20-30 min show.

Draft: 1. Installing Linux 2. Updating 3. Customize 4. Get other Software (Multimedia, programs and cool stuff).

I know it my sound corny but it will be for people who don't know about linux and open source. I want to show them an open source world.

it's a very good idea. i have been thinking about this for some time now. you should start one up. you could cover alot of *nix but the main focus on ubuntu/kubuntu.
good idea.

Zerocool10482
October 17th, 2005, 11:50 AM
I'm going to do some Freebsd and have other distros. I'm a NB and I may need help with making ubuntu secure over the net. I'm going to do stuff from the ubuntuguide and backports.

This will take time but will be a intro to everything. So Master Ubuntu users will laugh and joke. But it's mainly for the new linux user like me. I'm going to talk about Ubuntu forums and the community. This is going to be hard but fun.

And if you want I'll have my blog up to show you updates. This is my private blog but it's going to talk about show updates. I'll post it later because nothings there for you.

If you have any other ideas. I'll do them on the show.

sal
October 17th, 2005, 12:25 PM
I'm going to do some Freebsd and have other distros. I'm a NB and I may need help with making ubuntu secure over the net. I'm going to do stuff from the ubuntuguide and backports.

This will take time but will be a intro to everything. So Master Ubuntu users will laugh and joke. But it's mainly for the new linux user like me. I'm going to talk about Ubuntu forums and the community. This is going to be hard but fun.

And if you want I'll have my blog up to show you updates. This is my private blog but it's going to talk about show updates. I'll post it later because nothings there for you.

If you have any other ideas. I'll do them on the show.

i think a blog for it would be good as well. can't wait to see what comes of it. good luck.

Zerocool10482
October 17th, 2005, 12:40 PM
I'm not sure if were going to do an rss feed but maybe later. But as I said before. If you have any info on thing that are Ubuntu then send me a link.

Oh and I'm mainly going though the basics so try to keep things simple. For new users.

Update: I'm going to do 4 episodes. And it's going to be posted on Ourmedia.org. I don't have the funds to have a full blown website. So I'll just use Ourmedia. to help me out at the beginning. The reason for 4 episodes is that I just want to test my skills so you know what your getting. I'm going to have a donation button. So if you like please donate. If you don't tell what to change. I'd rather have a test so I'm not just asking for your support and not have anything for you.

http://Station17.blogspot.com

Zerocool10482
October 24th, 2005, 01:44 AM
I just shot the first episode of my show. It's not how I wanted it but I'm going to post it for everyone to see soon.