PDA

View Full Version : Please, make the Gallery accessible!

artnay
October 12th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Why should one register to see the full version of image? People should be able to download new Ubuntu backgrounds, browse screenshots etc. without the need to register. I think that giving a view access to everyone (even those without a valid forum account) would be more like the Ubuntu way to do things than than the current state of the gallery (closed, only for registered members).

What are the reasons for the need of an account? It can't be the software that's so restrictive, can it? What do you guys think?

Pablo_Escobar
October 12th, 2005, 03:37 PM
I second that. When I wasn't a registered forum user I browsed the gallery and wished I could see the screenshots in full size :(

ubuntu-geek
October 12th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Doh! I'll fix that up right away..

ubuntu-geek
October 12th, 2005, 03:42 PM
fixed

artnay
October 12th, 2005, 03:49 PM
That was quick, thanks. I thought it was just a way to get more people to register, not a bug. ;)

Amaranth
October 14th, 2005, 05:52 AM
fixed
Now I can't see full-sized screenshots, even when I'm logged in.

kassetra
October 14th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Now I can't see full-sized screenshots, even when I'm logged in.

Ok, I go to the gallery. I see little shots. I click on one. I see a bit bigger shot. I click on that one and I see a full size shot.

Is that what you're doing when it doesn't work?t

Amaranth
October 14th, 2005, 06:20 AM
I go to the gallery. I see little shots. I click on one. I see a bigger shot. I click on that one and it tells me I don't have permission to access this.

kassetra
October 14th, 2005, 06:25 AM
I go to the gallery. I see little shots. I click on one. I see a bigger shot. I click on that one and it tells me I don't have permission to access this.

poop. That's.... a crappy permissions error. Ok... let me see what I can do.

ubuntu-geek
October 14th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Should be all set now, let me know if not.

artnay
October 27th, 2005, 09:52 AM
What's new, September 2005 and October 2005 sections are still buggy.

1st edit: Exactly the same problem, vBulletin requires an account if you try to view a full-size image.
2nd edit: it's ok at the moment, thanks.

kassetra
October 27th, 2005, 10:53 AM
What's new, September 2005 and October 2005 sections are still buggy.

Same issue? Different issue?