PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye ubuntu

clanky
April 4th, 2008, 11:54 PM
OK, not the usual, I have had enough and going back to windows goodbye thread.

I am going back to sea on Sunday and I just wanted to say thankyou to all the people who have helped on here, both by posting useful stuff in reply to other people's questions. You have all made my first attempt at Linux a very pleasant experience.

I have 3 months with only a few books to find all my answers in, so expect a host of questions in July :)

overdrank
April 4th, 2008, 11:55 PM
OK, not the usual, I have had enough and going back to windows goodbye thread.

I am going back to sea on Sunday and I just wanted to say thankyou to all the people who have helped on here, both by posting useful stuff in reply to other people's questions. You have all made my first attempt at Linux a very pleasant experience.

I have 3 months with only a few books to find all my answers in, so expect a host of questions in July :)

Good luck! :KS

Lord Illidan
April 4th, 2008, 11:56 PM
You had me going for a sec!

Good luck with your journey!

Freddy
April 5th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Take care and I hope you bought a nice sizable stack of seasick pills with you ;).

clanky
April 5th, 2008, 12:40 AM
The only real cure I have ever found for seasickness is to sit under a tree, I have found that the best thing is just to eat strawberries. They don't stop you being sick, but they still taste nice on the way back up! :D

When the weather gets bad I go down to the engine room, hand out the jobs and then suddenly remember all of the paperwork which has to be done in my cabin with the door shut and the lights out.