PDA

View Full Version : Command and Conquer 3

annihilan
March 29th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I need help installing it. I pop in the DVD-ROM and then I open with Wine, and then I enter the serial, and a blank window appears. I exit the blank window and then the next part where it asks for 'Recommended' or 'Custom' appears. I press recommended and then it goes to 'Copying New Files' and the bar never progresses. Eventually the window goes blank and I haven't gotten much farther than that...

Specs:
Ubuntu - Converted to KDE desktop 64-bit
Athlon 6200 3.0GHz X64
4GB Ram
320GB SATA
M2N-SLI Deluxe motherboard

robertchahine
March 29th, 2008, 10:17 PM
usually, wine can't run all the .exe files and setups.I had some setups and games that can't be run with wine.But i installed virtualbox and installed winxp in it so i can install any windows xp compatible software in it.

annihilan
March 29th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Fix: The games install just fine, I acted too hastily. The progress bar does in fact not ever progress, but when it's done installing, it will bring the next window. No worries

robertchahine
March 30th, 2008, 11:33 AM
glad to hear that

grahambo2005
April 12th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Hi Annihilan

Glad to hear you got that working. im a huge fan for the C&C series

Im using Ubuntu and so far have only gotten the older C&C games to work,
Did C&C3 play well?

was there any bugs or un expected crashes?

I tired installing but got the same "error" you did about the progress bar. approx how long did it take to install?

was there any otehr issues after that?

where you able to get multiplayer working ok?
How was the speed of the game?

when i installed RA2 its semmed to slow down alot when i turned on the music and I have a powerful mahine

512 MB Graphics card
3 GB RAM
Dual Core Processor
on a 32 bit OS

shoudl have ran fine but it didnt.

any info you have is very much appriciated