PDA

View Full Version : pm rules?

chucky chuckaluck
March 28th, 2008, 09:52 PM
i can't seem to find them.

LaRoza
March 28th, 2008, 09:54 PM
They are the same as general posts Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct (http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy)

You can opt to only receive PM's from buddies, if you don't want to receive them from everyone.

If you have a problem with PM's, spam, harrassment, etc, you should forward them to an admin (or possible a mod if no one else is around).

chucky chuckaluck
March 28th, 2008, 10:02 PM
i assume the answer is 'no', but do staff ever view a member's pm's on occasion not prompted by a complaint?

thanks for the reply, btw.

LaRoza
March 28th, 2008, 10:04 PM
i assume the answer is 'no', but do staff ever view a member's pm's on occasion not prompted by a complaint?

thanks for the reply, btw.

We can't view PM's.

<edit>
Mods can't, Admins can I imagine. Admins can also do anything to the forum...

KiwiNZ
March 28th, 2008, 10:05 PM
I never look at PM's. Private messages are that private as far as I am concerned. If I recieve a complaint re PM's I ask that they are forwarded to me.

The normal rules apply with regards to content in PM's and Spam PM's

chucky chuckaluck
March 28th, 2008, 10:11 PM
as i said, i assumed pm's were treated as private communications. thanks for the confirmation.

p_quarles
March 28th, 2008, 10:54 PM
as i said, i assumed pm's were treated as private communications. thanks for the confirmation.
Yes, with very infrequent exceptions. If someone is sending advertising messages to users via PM, they will find themselves on the wrong end of the ban-hammer very quickly. This has happened several times. PM harassment is also against the rules. There are no secret wiretaps on legitimate private conversations, though. :)