PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between the guy with the blue shirt and the guy with the green

hhhhhx
March 27th, 2008, 02:40 AM
i Know it means that you have posted in that thread, but what is the difference between the guy with the blue shirt and the little guy with the green shirt?

http://stashbox.org/95693/screenshot1.png

zmjjmz
March 27th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Maybe the blue shirt means you've posted a lot?

-gabe-noob-
March 27th, 2008, 03:54 AM
DUH

1 is green and one is blue depending on how the website feels?

Green means it is jumpy

Blue= calm

duh...

bapoumba
March 27th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Moved to FFH.
Hmm, I do not know.. I had never really noticed.
My guess: subscribed with or without new posts ?

popch
March 27th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Which guy? What shirt?

hhhhhx
March 28th, 2008, 12:09 AM
My guess: subscribed with or without new posts ?
nope, i haven't subscribed to any posts, also i just noticed there is a little guy with a blue shirt as well

-grubby
March 28th, 2008, 01:00 AM
hmm..I've never seen that before. I suppose an admin or moderator will come in here with the answer, but until then, I have no clue

Forrest Gumpp
March 29th, 2008, 02:07 AM
Could it be that the blue shirt displays if you are both the opening poster in the thread, and at the same time (for however long or short a period) the last poster as the thread may stand?

I must admit that I had never noticed this feature(?) or quirk of the Forum. I am fairly sure, however, that I have seen the posting status icon on occasions when I had posted in the thread in question not displaying 'the little guy with the green shirt'. If my observations are correct, I would initially suspect that this is one of those features that displays differently according as you are logged-in or logged-out of the Forums.

Since the 'you have posted in this thread' indicator only displays in relation to one user, yourself, it could well be that its colour, at a time when you may happen to be the last poster as well as the opening poster, is different to that at other times, is something that would only very occasionally be noticed.

I await with interest an authoritative explanation.

Joeb454
March 29th, 2008, 02:10 AM
All my people are green :(

kool_kat_os
March 29th, 2008, 02:12 AM
There so tiny

FuturePilot
March 29th, 2008, 06:33 AM
I didn't even know they were people. 8-[

Forrest Gumpp
March 30th, 2008, 11:52 PM
I can confirm now that when viewing the FF&H index page immediately before making this post, none of the 'you have posted in this thread' icons were displaying, green-shirted or otherwise, on threads in which I know myself to have posted.

I was logged-out at the time of viewing.

Upon revisiting the same index page after logging-in, and refreshing it, all the little green-shirted icons were displaying.

My speculation that a blue-shirted icon indicates that the opening poster is also the current last poster in a thread would appear to be groundless. See the test outcome in this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=726386 in post # 8.

Don't know if that helps anyone, but there it is.

hhhhhx
March 31st, 2008, 12:51 AM
My speculation that a blue-shirted icon indicates that the opening poster is also the current last poster in a thread would appear to be groundless.
nope :(