PDA

View Full Version : Recovering gracefully from a bonehead post...

MPH
March 25th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Guilty!!! I made a bonehead post last night! :(

Oh, technically, it was appropriate... but the bonehead part occurred because my technical issues had evolved to where the original forum was no longer appropriate... and I rashly picked another forum, the Tutorials & Tips Forum because, well, I needed a tip. Yup, bonehead!

When I saw the "a moderator will review your submittal before it is posted" message immediately after I clicked on the submit button, I knew I screwed up somehow and quickly discovered that the forum was a HowTo forum. I had a copy of my post saved on my PC so I wished I could have:

Either deleted my post
or, contacted a moderator with my apologies.

Unfortunately, I didn't know how to do either. What is the proper way to handle such a situation?

Then it got worse.

I waited about two hours for a response from a moderator... I checked my email and I checked my subscriptions... and seeing nothing new in either, I *assumed* a busy moderator had trashed my wayward post so I posted this time in a carefully selected forum.

This morning I found a forum email in my inbox that was not from that carefully selected forum... but instead from the General Help forum. The Tutorials & Tips moderator was kind and redirected my wayward post there. Unfortunately, that thread did not show in my Subscribed Threads List until I replied to the thread's responder this morning. Apparently, the moderator redirected my first post almost immediately but since it didn't show in my Subscribed Threads List, I had no way of knowing that. Hence, I unintentionally have duplicate threads and wish I could deleted the one I created in the Installation & Upgrades forum. What options do I have?

Thank you for your patience!

LaRoza
March 25th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Everyone makes mistakes. If you want a thread removed because of a mix up or something, just report it.