View Full Version : PyPe editor keeps closing

October 9th, 2005, 04:56 AM
I've installed the PyPe editor via Synaptic on Breezy and it just keeps closing as soon as I try to open an existing source file or even if I choose to create a new file, it just ends the program immediately. Any clues as to what the problem might be? I haven't found any threads identifying a similar problem.

I'm a linux newbie and while maybe downloading the source and compiling might be an option, I wouldn't have a clue how to do that at the moment.. ;)

October 9th, 2005, 07:08 AM
I'm not familiar with that program, but it sounds like it's crashing. You might be able to get it to give you a clue if you run it from a command line (i.e. run gnome-terminal, and run PyPe from there). Hopefully it will print something when it crashes. If it does, post it here.

October 9th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, didn't think of that. Running it from the shell I get the following messages when I try to create a new source file or open an existing one:

richard@ubuntu:/usr/bin$ pype
[ Sun Oct 9 08:49:44 2005 ] Loading history from /home/richard/.pype/history.txt
[ Sun Oct 9 08:49:56 2005 ] found filetype-specific defaults python

(python:9959): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_pixmap_new: assertion `val != NULL' failed

(python:9959): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_pack_start: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (child)' failed
Segmentation fault

Could I be using out of date libraries? No clue.

October 10th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Looks the a bug in that program to me.

October 10th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Happens here as well. You should probably file a bug about it in malone.

Edit: did it for you: https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+sources/pype/+bug/3028

October 11th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Edit: did it for you:

Thank you.

April 21st, 2006, 02:12 AM
the program does the same for me. I would assume it is a bug.