PDA

View Full Version : Star smiley in posts please

Omnios
October 8th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Would it be possible to put star smileys in posts as it would be nice say if your mentioning the name of an amazing article or prrogram to add a couple starts to the end of it.

skoal
October 8th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Could you give an example? Maybe post back here with any kind of example you can think of, doesn't matter on what.

I know there are ways to rate threads and individual posts, and put icons next to your subject line, but I don't think that's what you're asking.

Clarification by an example (if possible) would be great.

p.s. I don't even know what a star smiley is. I never use emoticons, so I really don't even know what that translates to.

\\//_

Omnios
October 9th, 2005, 02:21 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/images/elementblue/rating/rating_4.gif

Not thinking of official rating rather something like the smiles on the right hand side when you make a new post that would be a little star similar to one of these :) to allow users to express them selves. For example you might be recommending a program so you would be able to say put a star or two infrom of its name ***** Ubuntu. in the actual post for examble. Hopefully it will add a little special to the forum community which is shaping up realy nicely if I may say. Then again hell with stars lets rip tucows and have badgers lol.

majikstreet
October 9th, 2005, 02:34 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/images/elementblue/rating/rating_4.gif

Not thinking of official rating rather something like the smiles on the right hand side when you make a new post that would be a little star similar to one of these :) to allow users to express them selves. For example you might be recommending a program so you would be able to say put a star or two infrom of its name ***** Ubuntu. in the actual post for examble. Hopefully it will add a little special to the forum community which is shaping up realy nicely if I may say. Then again hell with stars lets rip tucows and have badgers lol.
I like the idea.

skoal: he means like just a star. like * but graphical. like in the picture.

kassetra
October 9th, 2005, 03:11 AM
Are you meaning to have these stars in the thread title itself?

Seth
October 9th, 2005, 03:14 AM
Are you meaning to have these stars in the thread title itself? No, all he wants is an emoticon that looks like a star. So I could make a post talking about Software A, B, and C, and say:

Software A does not include a foo but it has three bars: I give it 3 stars * * *
Software B lacks documentation regarding operation of its worzle. However it has a good-looking blingblang and so also gets 3 stars * * *
Software C includes wizards to help you operate the flimflam and also includes a complete foobar. It gets five stars * * * * *

Where * = a little "emoticon" image that is clickable and selectable from the emots panel.

kassetra
October 9th, 2005, 03:43 AM
No, all he wants is an emoticon that looks like a star. So I could make a post talking about Software A, B, and C, and say:

Where * = a little "emoticon" image that is clickable and selectable from the emots panel.

oh oh oh. Ok. I can probably add one of those maybe in a bit.

Omnios
October 9th, 2005, 04:01 AM
Thanks!

kassetra=*****

skoal
October 9th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification yall. Sounds good to me. Wow, I just hit the "more" button under those emoticon doohickeys (as a little extra curricular research). It's a regular smorgasbord of emotional delight!

This thread is really timely too. I just got back from watching the new "Wallace & Grommitt" movie, and it would really come in handy right about now.

<insert 4/4 future T.B.D. star smileys here>!

\\//_

Seth
October 10th, 2005, 03:05 AM
:ks :ks :ks :ks :ks

Hmm... they aren't working :-?

kassetra
October 10th, 2005, 03:33 AM
:KS

hmmmm.

:KS

kassetra
October 10th, 2005, 03:33 AM
Capital!

K & S! ;)

skoal
October 10th, 2005, 03:37 AM
Dang, talk about your fast response! Talk about having serious assets...

I didn't think this star doohickey would see the light of day. I'll go back to my emoticon free cave now and scribble more posts with my wooden club...

\\//_

Omnios
October 10th, 2005, 03:45 AM
Woop even better than expected great work:KS

kassetra
October 10th, 2005, 03:57 AM
Woop even better than expected great work:KS

LOL I was hoping the little KDE star would be ok. It has such a cute smile. :)

Seth
October 10th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Then the clickables box is broken. I have on the WYSIWYG editor, I click the star, it shows up. But when posting, it posts as ":ks" and thus it doesn't show up.

kassetra
October 10th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Then the clickables box is broken. I have on the WYSIWYG editor, I click the star, it shows up. But when posting, it posts as ":ks" and thus it doesn't show up.

:KS :KS :KS :KS :KS

kassetra
October 10th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Does the post I just made show star smilies?

ubuntu-geek
October 10th, 2005, 06:42 PM
has to be capital KS :KS

kassetra
October 10th, 2005, 06:47 PM
has to be capital KS :KS

I think he was using the pickbox on the right - :KS:KS:KS