PDA

View Full Version : Lazarus - Free Pascal Source Directory not found

aidave
March 20th, 2008, 07:51 PM
After grabbing "lazarus" with apt-get, I cant get the Environment to recognize the Freepascal source directory. I set it to:

/usr/lib/fpc/2.2.0/units/i386-linux

Which looks correct but it wont accept that.

Fbot1
March 20th, 2008, 08:26 PM
This maybe what you want:
http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=2#q63

Seems a little strange, did it come like that?

aidave
March 21st, 2008, 03:44 AM
Not sure how to resolve it from that info.

Yes it is a clean install via apt-get. Havent touched a thing. Upon first start of Lazarus, it gave that warning. Yet I can't find what directory it should be set to...

Now it says "system.ppu" not found. "Make sure fpc is installed correctly and fpc.cfg points to the right directory"

Fbot1
March 21st, 2008, 06:40 AM
It seems to be a packaging issue.

https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/16174
Alternatively, you could use the deb on sourceforge.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89339

aidave
March 21st, 2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the info and help!

I tried "sudo apt-get install fpc" and that downloaded and installed freepascal 2.2

Set the dir to: "/usr/lib/fpc/2.2.0/units/i386-linux/"

However, still nothin... hmm... should I uninstall and then use the deb?

Fbot1
March 21st, 2008, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the info and help!

I tried "sudo apt-get install fpc" and that downloaded and installed freepascal 2.2

Set the dir to: "/usr/lib/fpc/2.2.0/units/i386-linux/"

However, still nothin... hmm... should I uninstall and then use the deb?

It's worth a try.

raydeen
April 20th, 2008, 01:55 PM
I just had this same problem. For some reason fpc-src isn't in the repos (or I didn't see it at any rate). I downloaded the .deb for that one , installed it and the errors went away.

MEDuLa
May 30th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Try:

/usr/share/fpcsrc/

It worked for me.

(This is my first post :biggrin:)

andrew_66cz
June 24th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Just install "fpc","fpc-sources" and "fpc-utils" using sinaptic for example. Somebody forgot to add it into package :(

swampdweller
June 29th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Yes, if you're an Ubuntu dummy like me, ignore all that confusing stuff and just do as Andrew says. Lazarus fails to mark some parts of Free Pascal on which it nonetheless relies. So, in Synaptic, if you're installing Lazarus, just make sure you also scroll up to the FPs and check everything having to do with Free Pascal. Perhaps that's overkill, but it's simple enough that I was able to do it even with my little pea-sized brain.

gobuntu
July 9th, 2008, 08:43 AM
After grabbing "lazarus" with apt-get, I cant get the Environment to recognize the Freepascal source directory. I set it to:

/usr/lib/fpc/2.2.0/units/i386-linux

Which looks correct but it wont accept that.

Go to System/Administration/Synaptics Package Manager

There, click SEARCH and in search window type fpc (for Free Pacal Compiler).

You have to be connected to web. Then you Mark-For-Installation all you find about fpc, including the fpc-source

Install those, of course.:)

kva
July 20th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I have installed both lazarus and fpc, and lazarus works fine :D,
however the component is limited, i cannot find component for serial communication..does anybody have the component ?

Thanks.

DGambrinus
August 24th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Synapse has componants for serial communication called Synaser. If you have used their libraries before it is pretty similar. If not, look into the TBlockSerial class..
http://synapse.ararat.cz/doku.php

I haven't used Synaser in FPC yet but I have used it in Delphi and I have used their TCP componants in FPC so I am confident that it will work fine cross-platform...

jkorten
March 18th, 2010, 01:46 PM
In fact the directory path you need to enter in the "Environment->Options" bar for the "FPC Source" entry must contain the whole path - which for ubuntu at this point is /usr/share/fpcsrc/2.2.4/

I assume this version number will change and as you update your fpcsrc you will need to bump this version number.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jerry

liamsacc
July 18th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Yes, if you're an Ubuntu dummy like me, ignore all that confusing stuff and just do as Andrew says. Lazarus fails to mark some parts of Free Pascal on which it nonetheless relies. So, in Synaptic, if you're installing Lazarus, just make sure you also scroll up to the FPs and check everything having to do with Free Pascal. Perhaps that's overkill, but it's simple enough that I was able to do it even with my little pea-sized brain.

:pI agree!! Im a newbie on this too and after having many attempts and lookups on forums, this is a popular problem, in software centre , via 'Provided by Ubuntu' searched for FPC and installed all the apps , at last!!!

'Hello World works' next... database connections!!! :guitar: