PDA

View Full Version : Option to delete polls

ajmorris
March 19th, 2008, 06:42 AM
hi all,
i was just wondering on your opinions about the possible introduction of the ability for mods to delete polls, without having to delete the whole thread... should it be possible in your opinion?

LaRoza
March 19th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Do you mean just for moderators?

ajmorris
March 19th, 2008, 06:48 AM
oh sorry, should have been more specific, yes, i mean just for moderators, original topic edited :)

stalker145
March 19th, 2008, 09:51 AM
oh sorry, should have been more specific, yes, i mean just for moderators, original topic edited :)

Why not allow the thread originator to delete the poll as well since that person can edit their post?

Off topic - 180% out of 100% have voted - 5 people, 9 votes. 60% for each choice. Hilarious ;)

KiwiNZ
March 19th, 2008, 10:17 AM
The ability is already present for Administrators

ajmorris
March 19th, 2008, 10:29 PM

Administrators can do anything though :P

stalker145
March 20th, 2008, 01:05 PM

Out of curiosity, would it be bad to allow the poll originator the power to delete the poll much as they would be able to "delete" their own post (by editing and leaving it (mostly) blank)?

LaRoza
March 20th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Out of curiosity, would it be bad to allow the poll originator the power to delete the poll much as they would be able to "delete" their own post (by editing and leaving it (mostly) blank)?

I think the OP wanted the power for moderators.

Moderators can delete posts and threads (usually we move them, instead of deleting), and edit polls, but we cannot delete polls.

The OP did have a request for a poll to be deleted, but I was unable to do it, and so the OP is asking for moderators to have that ability.

The OP is a moderator of one forum because of being a team leader.

stalker145
March 20th, 2008, 11:52 PM
I think the OP wanted the power for moderators.

You are correct. But why not allow the everyday user the ability to edit their own poll as they can currently edit their own post?

I was just wondering if that would be considered a bad idea.

LaRoza
March 21st, 2008, 12:20 AM
You are correct. But why not allow the everyday user the ability to edit their own poll as they can currently edit their own post?

I was just wondering if that would be considered a bad idea.

Yes, that would be a bad idea.

There was a request for it, but I pointed out the issues with it, and no one disagreed with me.

david_kt
June 16th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Yes, that would be a bad idea.

There was a request for it, but I pointed out the issues with it, and no one disagreed with me.

I was searching for this as well, I want to deleted a poll a created as it is useless now ( I just wanted a feedback whether or not my script works perfectly).

The reason is:

1. People misunderstood the pool
2. The script edited frequently due to some reasons.

Could anybody help to remove poll below:

http://ubuntuforums.org/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=4499

DK

Joeb454
June 16th, 2009, 12:11 AM
We can edit the poll to have 0 votes for any options, and close it for voting. But we don't currently have the ability to remove them from the thread

david_kt
June 16th, 2009, 12:22 AM
We can edit the poll to have 0 votes for any options, and close it for voting. But we don't currently have the ability to remove them from the thread

I think it is good to edit to pool to have 0 vote and close it for voting, better than the current "misleading" votes.

DK