PDA

View Full Version : Query Analyzer - SQL Tool

thisismalhotra
March 18th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Guys,

I am looking for a simple query analyzer/ Database Connection tool. I just need a means to connect to databases and run queries and nothing funny. Most of the database connections I use are ODBC.

I used to use Aqua Data Studio earlier but they have gone paid now. IS there anything free someone is using out there??

Help Please??

Siph0n
March 18th, 2008, 10:50 PM
You didn't mention what language u are using? Or maybe I misunderstood the question,.........

thisismalhotra
March 20th, 2008, 12:15 PM
You didn't mention what language u are using? Or maybe I misunderstood the question,.........

I am not sure if you understood the question well but I am using standard SQL with ODBC.

Thanks

pedro_orange
March 20th, 2008, 01:59 PM
If you're just looking for a SQL console application to test out your queries, then there are loads about if you just google.

Came up with this after a 10 seconds search/browse: http://sqlline.sourceforge.net/

Shannon_Lowder
May 1st, 2008, 08:44 PM
I have found links to version 4.7.2 for aqua data studio. It should still be covered by the free license. It's a little older, but I've been using it for nearly a year now. google "aqua-data-studio-4.7.2-2.pkg.tar.gz" and you should find a few places still carrying it.