PDA

View Full Version : Can I get more space for my PM box?

kevdog
March 13th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Ok, I already know the answer, but being that my PM box is now 90% full, was wondering if I could get more PM box space. Feel free to PM me with a response before it fills up :). No seriously, just wondering if an exception could be made. Can't blame a guy for trying!

LaRoza
March 13th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Ok, I already know the answer, but being that my PM box is now 90% full, was wondering if I could get more PM box space. Feel free to PM me with a response before it fills up :). No seriously, just wondering if an exception could be made. Can't blame a guy for trying!

You could try not saving sent messages, (or deleting them). That usually frees a lot of space.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=721568

kevdog
March 13th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Yea but that would actually require some work on my part. Can I claim all my PM's have sentimental value for me -- not to mention the sender of such PM's?

LaRoza
March 13th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Yea but that would actually require some work on my part. Can I claim all my PM's have sentimental value for me -- not to mention the sender of such PM's?

You can download them.

You can claim that, but I don't think it would work.

(Admins make the decisions, not me)

KiwiNZ
March 13th, 2008, 07:23 PM
the fact that your PM message have sentimerntal value has touched me. It really has. I hear harps playing and heavenly choirs

Then I wake up

Sorry we will not be increasing PM space allocation. If you need them download them and save to your PC

kevdog
March 13th, 2008, 07:28 PM
well I guess I got the shaft by the administrator --- one day when I am administrator (in my dreams of course) I will oblige my own request and give myself double the PM space :). Until that day...

Oh yea my hard drive space is full too!

Artificial Intelligence
March 13th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Burn them to a CD/DVD :mrgreen:

LaRoza
March 13th, 2008, 09:13 PM
well I guess I got the shaft by the administrator --- one day when I am administrator (in my dreams of course) I will oblige my own request and give myself double the PM space :). Until that day...

Oh yea my hard drive space is full too!

Well, staff do have slightly larger PM boxes, but given the amount of PM's we get (from random people, contesting actions, etc) it doesn't help much.

About your hard drive, I recommend buying a new one.

kevdog
March 14th, 2008, 06:59 AM
I'm no PM, however receive a lot of desperate pleas for help. The larger the desperation, the more likely I am to ignore the request.

Thanks for the input!

PriceChild
March 14th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Well, staff do have slightly larger PM boxes*smirks*

Slightly large perhaps.

I've still had to clear out mine twice :(

Dr Small
March 14th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I generally go through and download them all as a textfile, then delete them from my PM box. They still retain their sentimental value and affords a much faster lookup from a single textfile :)

cat pminbox.txt | grep kevdog

Aha! I found that long lost PM :D

Dr Small

mips
March 14th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I don't see why any individual should be awarded 'special' treatment when other users can manage their PM boxes.

LaRoza
March 14th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I don't see why any individual should be awarded 'special' treatment when other users can manage their PM boxes.

No one is awarded special treatment.

mips
March 14th, 2008, 08:05 PM
No one is awarded special treatment.

Apologies, I should have phrased it better. My response was directed at the OP, basically asking why he thinks he should get special treatment. Was not my intention to imply that staff do give people special treatment.

LaRoza
March 14th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Apologies, I should have phrased it better. My response was directed at the OP, basically asking why he thinks he should get special treatment. Was not my intention to imply that staff do give people special treatment.

Ok :)

Well, it never hurts to ask. But in this case, there are solutions other than a larger box. (Download, delete, not save your own)

kevdog
March 14th, 2008, 10:53 PM
One is never going to get anywhere in this world if one doesn't ask.

Thanks Dr. Small for your input.