PDA

View Full Version : re: ¿Who would win in a fight?

DirtDawg
March 10th, 2008, 06:04 AM
So a fellow member starts a silly poll (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=720049) to have a little fun, and I come along and use an apparantly unacceptable term, and Sgt. LaRoza locks the whole thread(and gives me a "stern talking to")!? C'mon, at least just erase my posts or whatever. It's pretty silly in the first place that there's some kind of problem with the word in question (especially in reference to Chuck Norris) but, that aside, why kill the whole thread? Is this kind of (IMO) overreaction commonplace here now?

By the way, thanks for linking the word to the wikipedia article. A hilarious touch.

steveneddy
March 10th, 2008, 06:26 AM
I saw the thread and thought your posts were inappropriate also.

Kids read these forums.

Lets be respectable.

DirtDawg
March 10th, 2008, 06:34 AM
I saw the thread and thought your posts were inappropriate also.

Kids read these forums.

Lets be respectable.

Fine. Naughty word. Don't use it. Duly noted. But why shut down the whole thread? That's my point.

steveneddy
March 10th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Where was it going? I mean really..

Look at this one, for instance.

DirtDawg
March 10th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Where was it going? I mean really..

Look at this one, for instance.

Okay, well if that's the prevalant attitude, I suppose this won't go anywhere. It is my belief that it's up to the community to decide where a thread goes or if it goes anywhere, not administrators. But what do I know, right?

I can see that this is pointless exercise. I guess I'll walk on eggshells from now on to avoid destroying anyone else's thread on accident.

My apologies to the OP of the thread in question.

matthew
March 10th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I just read through all the posts and have seen what transpired. You posted the same statement three times, each time as a direct insult toward an individual. Frankly, I would have given you an infraction the first time and jailed that post, had I seen it before you continued posting. With multiple posts of this nature in the thread, it would be very difficult for the thread to recover the intended whimsical and amusing timbre with which it was started.

In short, I think LaRoza did the right thing. In fact, LaRoza was a bit more lenient than I would have been in that you did not receive an infraction point or warning.