PDA

View Full Version : Newbie problem with WINE...

Mr.Thunderbird
March 6th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Hi guys, I recently installed WINE, (to play CS), the install went good without problems... but when i try to run "SteamInstall" trough wine, I get this :

Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not accessible.
Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not accessible.
wine: could not load L"c:\\windows\\system32\\tool.exe": Module not found

Any idea why I'm getting this? :KS:KS

chewit
March 6th, 2008, 06:10 PM
you might want adds these folders into your C:\ drive. i think it is unable to find them

tuxcanfly
March 6th, 2008, 06:23 PM
hey I think you have installed CS on some removable media or hard disk but with wrong permissions ....Check if the place where you installed CS has read and write permission.
Also try to install all your wine applications to the default ( ~/.wine/drive_c) location as it minimizes problems.

Mr.Thunderbird
March 6th, 2008, 07:40 PM
you might want adds these folders into your C:\ drive. i think it is unable to find them

They ARE there... :confused:

Re: Newbie problem with WINE...
hey I think you have installed CS on some removable media or hard disk but with wrong permissions ....Check if the place where you installed CS has read and write permission.
Also try to install all your wine applications to the default ( ~/.wine/drive_c) location as it minimizes problems.

I can't install Steam, so how could I install CS? :KS

Rae III
March 6th, 2008, 11:03 PM
you might try adding sudo (root permissions) to the front of whatever command it is that you're running. It seems to fix a lot of my problems, and I don't know whether or not it will work for you, but it's worth a shot :)

Mr.Thunderbird
March 7th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Ah well, I found a script on a German web site, which installed STEAM for me.. I donwloaded CS, launced it (CZ).. but it FLICKERS a LLOT! and because of that it begins to lagg.. any ideas guys? :)

Mr.Thunderbird
March 8th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Never mind guys, everything works now! :) :)

Long live Ubuntu! :D