PDA

View Full Version : Is the site slow or it's my machine/connection?

RRosset
March 4th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Hey Guys, since the last weekend (and maybe a few days before but i was sailing), the site is a bit slow, loading something... my fx hangs for a while with a grey screen. That usually happens when i open thread links in new tabs. And for a couple of seconds, 10 or 20 more less i'm not able to do anything with FX but wait and tap my desk. No problem with another sites. And system monitor doesn't show any huge proccess running. I'm lost and I don't know if the forum has something huge to load or if my machine is asking for more memory, or a new cpu or what. :confused:

Anyways, thanks in advance!!!

Bob

LaRoza
March 5th, 2008, 12:00 AM
It could be your connection or firefox.

Try another browser to see. Also, do a traceroute to see where it is hanging.

I believe this can be done through the GUI's provided, under "networking" or something in your System menu.

ajgreeny
March 5th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Disable ipv6 and see if that makes any difference. Type about:config in the address bar and search for ipv6. In the line that appears if it finishes with the word false, double click to change it to true and try the site again.

RRosset
March 5th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Well guys, dunno if the ipv6 or 4 or whatever is wrong but now it's working excellent... thanks and i'll keep you up to date of any changes!!!