PDA

View Full Version : Infraction Challenge

JordanII
March 4th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I made a post linking to a download for Photoshop Portable CS2 and recieved a 1 point infraction for it. In the post I mentioned how the file can be used illegally, but if you own CS2 I didn't see how it was wrong. I respect p_quarles as a mod, but I think this charge was rather unjust. Guns CAN be used illegally, but does that mean they should be banned? I think not.

KiwiNZ
March 4th, 2008, 08:09 PM
From the code of conduct

Adult Content/Violence/Illegal Activity: Messages containing sexually oriented/violent/illegal dialogue, images, content, or links to these things will be deleted. Messages with links to or suggesting illegal activity will also be deleted. Posting or linking to any of these could result in a ban.

Links to illegal activity exposes the site yo the risk of litigation. This is why we do not allow it and issue infractions for posting such links

JordanII
March 4th, 2008, 09:08 PM
From the code of conduct

Adult Content/Violence/Illegal Activity: Messages containing sexually oriented/violent/illegal dialogue, images, content, or links to these things will be deleted. Messages with links to or suggesting illegal activity will also be deleted. Posting or linking to any of these could result in a ban.

Links to illegal activity exposes the site yo the risk of litigation. This is why we do not allow it and issue infractions for posting such links

So do you not allow posts about guns on the forum? The file linked to can be used legally, but also can be used illegally. I would understand if the link was deleted because it was a little sketchy, but I don't understand how something like that can cause an infraction when the code of conduct says "SUGGESTING illegal activity."

If you look at my post (which you can, of course, see in my profile) you will notice that I said (in bold) I was not suggesting users who do not own a genuine version of CS2 to download it. How was that "suggesting illegal activity"?

And even if I did suggest illegal activity the worst that would of happened according to the code is that the message would be deleted.

Do you see what I mean?

KiwiNZ
March 4th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I disagree with your perception. You are providing a tutorial that is clearly against the forum rules.

The infraction and jailing of the post will stand