PDA

View Full Version : How do you uninstall stuff?

Hernz
March 4th, 2008, 03:12 AM
hello ubuntu forum go'ers.

i recently installed warcraft iii using wine under ubuntu 7.10 gutsy gibbon. problem is, i don't have video card drivers so it's pointless to try playing. was wondering how i go about uninstalling the game? the wine "uninstaller" doesn't give me the option to uninstall (in fact the list is empty).

please help a linux noob out :).

i used the search function i swear!!! but i am prepared to be flamed.

thanks and have a nice day. :popcorn:

fedex1993
March 4th, 2008, 03:21 AM
you could just delete the wine folder that contains warcraft 3 in /home/<username>/.wine/drive_c/program files/<game file> thats one of the easyest ways to do that

jpeddicord
March 4th, 2008, 03:23 AM
you could just delete the wine folder that contains warcraft 3 in /home/<username>/.wine/drive_c/program files/<game file> thats one of the easyest ways to do that

Also, if you look inside the folder fedex1993 mentioned, you can probably find an uninstall.exe that may do the trick.

christian130
March 4th, 2008, 04:07 AM
have u tried to look at the registry and find the name of the game erase it. also u have to erase all those directories which have the game or company of the game.jus like the OS

Hernz
March 4th, 2008, 06:36 AM
how do i "look" through these folders?

so far i have been going to terminal typing in winefile. i deleted the WC3 directory through there (thanks!)... since running uninstall.exe gave me an error.

can anyone tell me how to reach registry keys? i normall type run the regedit command wen i'm in windows

cheers:guitar:

Roryking
March 4th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Wine has a registry editor comparable to Windows. Just type "wine regedit" and it should get you started.

christian130
March 4th, 2008, 06:33 PM
tha wine registry could be found in graphic mode. Just right click on

system>administrator>"Wine RegEdit"

Hernz
March 4th, 2008, 11:44 PM
thank you guys. super helpful

karth
March 5th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Also, if you look inside the folder fedex1993 mentioned, you can probably find an uninstall.exe that may do the trick.
wine provides an uninstaller similar to Remove programs in windows
just type 'uninstaller' in a shell prompt and follow the instructions