PDA

View Full Version : Maple Story problems

tactical3sniper
March 4th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Can someone give me a guide or just a steps on how to make Maple Story work? Ive seen some threads that say it works but there guide is very poor. I can get everything to work but game guard and that seems to be the going problem. So anyone help me out here if you have it working could you explain to me how? Please? :confused:

Edit: I've seen a way to make maple story work by running a full emulation app. for windows I'm gona give it a try but I think this will slow it down alot and many posts say that the emulation doesn't support 3d yet so if I can't get that working then this is a no go too. I've looked around a bit and I think the problem is where game guard looks for its files. In windows its C:\ProgramFiles\Nexon.... and in linux its \home\kyle\wine\programfile\nexon.... I think if anyone knows how to make game guard point at the right files it would probably run correctly.

tactical3sniper
March 4th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Any ideas?:confused:

Vadi
March 4th, 2008, 05:31 PM
That game is like the worst-wine compatible thing ever. I tried it, but their CD protection that wine couldn't do so well makes the game not work.

Best bet would be to get something like virtualbox (you can find it in add/remove, I think), install windows within it, and then you'll be able to quickly start it in ubuntu for maplestory.

AppDB (appdb.winehq.org) shows outdated results though - I'll give it a try again now.

FrozenFox
March 4th, 2008, 05:44 PM
You might have better luck in the WINE forum section.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=372928

Here is a recent thread with someone saying they got it to work, it seems.

tactical3sniper
March 4th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks I found that thread earlier they didn't use wine he is using a virtual machine and running maple story with it. I just downloaded VMServer installed windows xp and am currenlty installing maple story. But I read that there are issues with this solution to because the VM Server doesn't support 3d graphic drivers yet so Im not sure if the game will run Ill let you guys know.

FrozenFox
March 4th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Ah, sorry about that.

As far as the 3d thing goes, if you make your vmware file via the website http://www.easyvmx.com/ and choose the left most thingo (easyvmx, normal) it has a red section at the end to add the experimental 3d options to the file without dealing with vmware workstation or whatnot. It should work in player, unless im mistaken, after doing all of that stuff and running win.