View Full Version : wine Visual C++ runtime library error
March 3rd, 2008, 02:05 PM
Hi there friends, I'm from Brazil - Rio!
On Ubuntu 7.10 amd64, I install a software on wine without a problem, but when run it, splash a message "Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library" error.
I don't find a help about this clearly in "wine forum"
Any help me?
March 3rd, 2008, 02:13 PM
The program you are trying to run requires the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library in order to run properly.
I'm not sure whether this can run on Linux under WINE...you'll have to check the WINE website :)
March 4th, 2008, 06:11 PM
- You can try installing those libraries using winetricks. You can download the winetricks script from this page:
- Next, open a terminal and navigate to the folder where you downloaded the script:
- Make the script executable:
chmod +x winetricks
- Run winetricks (to see all available options):
- In your case you'll probably have to choose vcrun2005 (else try: vcrun2005sp1 or vcrun2008):
- When that's done, try to run (or install) your application again. Good luck, and keep us informed.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.