PDA

View Full Version : I just want a clean reinstall Wine

StageCraft
March 3rd, 2008, 05:08 AM
I've had trouble with Wine and want to make it like I never had it. How would I do that. I want to get rid of the "Other" category in my applications and start fresh with Wine, but all that I've tried has left me with nothing but a completely non functional Wine

Thanks you very much for any help

agtownz
March 3rd, 2008, 05:18 AM
Go to Synaptic package manager and search wine in there, then select it for complete removal and press apply.

StageCraft
March 3rd, 2008, 05:25 AM
I've tried ant now when I reinstalled all I got was that there is no longer a C drive and it wont let me add one. to add insult to injury, the Other catagory in aplications still has a bunch of windows stuff there that wont work

agtownz
March 3rd, 2008, 05:32 AM
I've tried ant now when I reinstalled all I got was that there is no longer a C drive and it wont let me add one
That makes sense since Wine was emulating it.

to add insult to injury, the Other catagory in aplications still has a bunch of windows stuff there that wont work
Go to System ->Preferences->Main Menu and take out what you don't want showing

StageCraft
March 3rd, 2008, 05:44 AM
It's not quite that simple in Xubuntu. If I were to be that selective then I would have to go though and find each program individualy and add it to the menu but if I let it configure itself then everything is there. (Including it would seem, programs that no longer work)

agtownz
March 3rd, 2008, 05:50 AM
It's not quite that simple in Xubuntu.
Ah I see, didn't notice that before. I'm not sure how to do it in Xubuntu in a simple way since I don't have it. Good luck though, I tried.