PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu forum admins deleting posts like communist governments.

DeadZedz
March 2nd, 2008, 01:22 PM
Several of my posts have been deleted in ubuntu forums in community cafe section, which, as I understand, is there for voicing your opinion or talking about anything that one needs to talk about.
How can it be that in the era of internet and free speech it is not allowed for a person living in european union to express their opinion on an internet message board ?!
Do I really need to file a complaint about ubuntu forums to the European Court?

Vorian
March 2nd, 2008, 01:27 PM
*moved to the RC*

I don't see where any of your posts have been deleted. Can you give a specific example?

(ps, seems to be a recurring theme with you http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=583030)

DeadZedz
March 2nd, 2008, 01:39 PM
Nevermind. I refrased my post. i do realise that one needs to follow forum rules.

matthew
March 2nd, 2008, 01:57 PM
Several of my posts have been deleted in ubuntu forums in community cafe section, which, as I understand, is there for voicing your opinion or talking about anything that one needs to talk about.
How can it be that in the era of internet and free speech it is not allowed for a person living in european union to express their opinion on an internet message board ?!
Do I really need to file a complaint about ubuntu forums to the European Court?1. As noted already, none of your posts have been deleted.

2. When community members register for accounts in the Ubuntu Forums, the Forums Code of Conduct (http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy) is displayed clearly and must be agreed to before an account is created. These clearly state in great detail the situations in which post may be modified, moved, etc. Also stated are offenses which may incur infractions or bans. Filing a complaint with anyone about behavior that was already agreed upon would be fruitless, although it might give the court workers some brief amusement.

3. Beginning a conversation by making an unfavorable comparison is never productive. May I politely suggest you choose to phrase yourself differently?