PDA

View Full Version : Anarchy Online

bakentake
March 2nd, 2008, 12:17 AM
So for those of you that don't know I completely installed ubuntu a while back, but was depressed because no matter what I did I couldn't get any games to work, not even guild wars, and not like I care much about guild wars but I figured I'd try. I couldn't get AO to run either as it wouldn't patch no matter how I tried.

So I was pretty mad and found a Windows XP system restore Disc the other day, and went back to windows, but surprise surprise I can't get internet to work in windows so I dual booted so I could try and find out how to get Internet working in windows ( a different story for a different forum, hopefully I find that different forum soon though ) so I could install AO.

I've decided that I'd be fine if I could get it to boot in ubuntu too seeing how cooperative windows is and how great their support is in helping you.

So has anyone managed to get AO working in this newest version of Ubuntu, pref with wine ( Don't want to pay for Cedega ) or know of a windows xp support forum that could help me with my windows internet problem.

Thanks.

xinos
March 4th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I recently (1 week ago) moved back to Linux for playing AO; I didn't have any problems in making it to run with Wine; in the past I was having many crashes, to the point that the game was unplayable so I switched back to windows, now it seems to work perfectly; the downside is that I'm having a really bad framerate, I'd like to know if anyone has any suggestions to make it run better, thanks (yes I'm using the latest version of Wine and ubuntu 7.10).

silentb
March 15th, 2008, 01:01 AM
You need an old version of AnarchyPatcher.exe for successful patching. After that it runs fine with current versions of Wine. You can send me a message, when you are interested.

SoliDphantoM
March 21st, 2008, 08:38 PM
You need an old version of AnarchyPatcher.exe for successful patching. After that it runs fine with current versions of Wine. You can send me a message, when you are interested.

How exactly do you patch it with the old patcher? I tried this several times but was never able to get it to work.

xinos
March 25th, 2008, 01:01 PM
What I do is:

1. Have a old AnarchyPatcher.exe ready
2. start up client
3. Before hitting the "patch" button, I overwrite the anarchypatcher.exe file in the game folder. infact, everytime the game starts up it seems to restore the most up-to-date patcher, so you have to replace it while the client is running.
4. Hit Patch button.

Mind that you may have to do this several times, since the patcher will close the client a couple of times. So, have that old anarchypatcher.exe ready.

Xawtv4user
April 14th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Where does one actually get this mystical old patcher? I'm a Cedega subscriber as well.

xinos
April 15th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Someone linked it on the Anarchy forums: check here (page 17):
http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=321249&page=17