PDA

View Full Version : Giant Cursors

russell-ault
March 1st, 2008, 11:34 AM
My dear Grandmother became sick and tired of Microsoft, and so I built her a new computer with a custom interface based on Kubuntu, and so far there are only a few places where Windows still has the upper-hand for the visually impaired as near as I can tell (I use the term loosely; she can see, but only if the characters are at least 3/4" tall).

One of the ways that Windows is still superior is the obvious availability of truly gigantic cursors (at least 48 px. tall, if not taller). Are there any cursors of around this size (or bigger) available anywhere (I've looked but had no success) or, failing that, how would I go about making a new cursor set for her that is that big?

jpeddicord
March 2nd, 2008, 06:09 PM
If you are running Gutsy, check System > Preferences > Appearance. Hit the Customize button on the bottom and go to the Pointers tab. At the bottom of that window is a Size slider. Just drag it all the way to the right and you have a gigantic cursor. :)

Joeb454
March 5th, 2008, 02:08 PM
:lolflag: I like playing with that :p

You then have to go into a few further options though (Theme>Customize>Pointers)

russell-ault
March 10th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Maybe I'm just a moron, but I can't seem to find it under KDE and kcontrol. Is there an entry for it in an 'rc' file (or kdeglobals for that matter)?