PDA

View Full Version : Infraction Points

The Hunt For Ida Wave
February 29th, 2008, 05:12 AM
I was given them for no reason. I don't like it when staff throw privileges like this around at members. I also feel that staff cover up for each other. I know for a fact I'm not the only person to think along these lines.

KiwiNZ
February 29th, 2008, 05:32 AM
What you posted was disgracefull. You were sent a notice of the infraction

You are fully aware of why it was issued . It was justified and I support its issue.

If you repeat such a post you will be banned.

The Hunt For Ida Wave
February 29th, 2008, 05:59 AM
Oh, disgraceful? I can't even remember what it was. Feel free to remind me.

The Hunt For Ida Wave
February 29th, 2008, 06:02 AM
Kiwi, you won't even reply to my messages.

The Hunt For Ida Wave
February 29th, 2008, 06:06 AM
Apparently I'm not good enough to be replied to. I suppose this is because I am but a mere 'member' who doesn't have 25,000 posts.

KiwiNZ
February 29th, 2008, 07:56 AM
I have not quoted the post concerned here , I thought I might keep that embarrasment from you.

But given the other post you made here I will

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=709949

Post number 4

KiwiNZ
February 29th, 2008, 08:04 AM
As you can see the infraction was clearly justified

From the code of conduct

"

If a post or thread contains spam (unsolicited advertising) it will be moved to the forum jail and the poster may be banned. Active users in good standing are allowed to have links to personal sites in their signatures, in their profile, and may post them in threads on occasion (just not often, please) as long as the content of those links does not include abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated material or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.
Adult Content/Violence/Illegal Activity: Messages containing sexually oriented/violent/illegal dialogue, images, content, or links to these things will be deleted. Messages with links to or suggesting illegal activity will also be deleted. Posting or linking to any of these could result in a ban. "

matthew
February 29th, 2008, 09:56 AM
I'll chime in here. Not only was the infraction warranted, you are lucky you weren't banned permanently.

What you posted was inappropriate for work, school, and probably isn't something you would say at the dinner table, either. Please don't repeat the action.

The Hunt For Ida Wave
February 29th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Cancel my account then! Yes, somewhere in between posts number 15,000 and 25,000 posts you, and whoever made the rules, must have forgotten that sex actually does exist and no, it's not something that can't be discussed appropriately. Half of the people posting the 'help' forum should just switch back to Windows! Primarily because it actually works! Don't sit there saying "well it's a free distro, people give up their time, blah blah blah" 'cause if that's the excuse for such a buggy, unusable OS then don't bother to make one. If I would have known that would be the ultimate response I wouldn't have bothered to use Ubuntu. I don't care how many people without sex lives dedicate time and effort into creating/supporting Ubuntu, the fact that it's so unstable is absolutely unacceptable and inexcusable for any OS.

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/869/63343375tj3.jpg

Lucky I wasn't banned? I would actually prefer to be banned, and while you're at it, please be so kind as to remove any personal information about me stored here.

So stick your excuse for an operating system up your <snip>. At the end of the day, I've switched back to Windows (astounded that I left it after a few months of Ubuntu), I'll be banned from these forums, you lot will continue being megalomaniac/whining bastards and I'll be the one who's really won. Why? Because I'm not walking when I could be running.

:popcorn:

KiwiNZ
February 29th, 2008, 10:17 AM
And on that note we say farewell