View Full Version : Confused about the smacked bottom

February 28th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Hello all,
I have converted my 2 brothers to ubuntu but one is very upset after posting what he thought was a simple request for help. He has been punished and has no idea why he has been banned from the forums.

After me explaining he had no need to worry as everyone speaks in plain English on the forum, he gets an answer to he his request saying this:

You have received an infraction at Ubuntu Forums.
Reason: Spammed Advertisements
Please do not spam the forums.
This infraction is worth 15 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

He has no idea what he has done wrong and no simple explanation about the posting that apparently has broken some rule.

Can someone explain to me when and how he will be let back onto the forum.:confused::confused:

February 28th, 2008, 07:21 PM
What was his username? You can browse through his previous posts to see what he was posting. If it is as stated, that is unacceptable and shouldnt be allowed anyways.

February 28th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Moved to the Resolution Center. This will bring the matter to the attention of one of the admins. They will be able to help you better if you mention the name of the account that was banned.

February 28th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Thanks for this, his name is Andrew Pearson, user name' ajpearson'.

Whatever he has done I promise you it would have been in total innocence and possible ignorance!

February 28th, 2008, 07:32 PM
For the admins:

February 28th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I will look at this

February 28th, 2008, 07:36 PM

February 28th, 2008, 07:44 PM
After looking into this I am also confused. It was issued for spamming but I was only able to find 1 post from this member and that seemed to be a reasonable question.

It would seem that the infraction was issued in error.

I have therefore reversed the infraction.

February 28th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks so much for your help KiwiNZ