PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] 'One choice' behaviour of Title Search function

Forrest Gumpp
February 27th, 2008, 05:25 AM
When I entered this topic in the Title pane of the Post New Thread page the first message I encountered was "Notice: When you enter a thread title the system will search for similar threads which have already been posted. That should help you to find answers.".

I then clicked in the Message pane. After a short delay, several potentially similar thread titles displayed. A second message saying "Please take a look at those threads before you start a new one." also displayed. I moused over all to get as much indication as possible about each before selecting one to read.

Selecting one took me to the thread, which I read. Not what I was trying to find out. Back to the previous screen.

Upon arriving back at the Post New Thread page, all the other choices were gone. My own proposed title was still in the pane, and clicking within the message pane did not get the other titles back.

Is this only a one shot feature, or is there some not-so-obvious way of getting the other possibly similar topics back for checking before posting?

p_quarles
February 27th, 2008, 05:28 AM
You can reset the search by deleting and then retyping the title. I imagine this will vary depending on how the script works with your browser, but that method works for me.

LaRoza
February 27th, 2008, 05:28 AM
Upon arriving back at the Post New Thread page, all the other choices were gone. My own proposed title was still in the pane, and clicking within the message pane did not get the other titles back.

Is this only a one shot feature, or is there some not-so-obvious way of getting the other possibly similar topics back for checking before posting?

Clicking in the title entry box, then in the message box seems to activate it every time.

tadcan
April 11th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Would it be possible to search the forum and only get hits from the content of titles.

I find starting a new topic and tying the keywords there tends to get more relevant results.

Would defiantly cut down on time spent checking threads.

LaRoza
April 11th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Would it be possible to search the forum and only get hits from the content of titles.

I find starting a new topic and tying the keywords there tends to get more relevant results.

Would defiantly cut down on time spent checking threads.

Yes, click on the "Search" option, and go to "Advanced Search"

You can change it to search titles only (among other things)