PDA

View Full Version : upgrading wine

wsamh
February 26th, 2008, 02:03 AM
I want to upgrade from 9.55 to 9.56. I've done this before and it gave me problems. I'm new to linux, so what is the proper way to upgrade?

CarpKing
February 26th, 2008, 03:35 AM
The easiest way is to use the official Wine repo (see the sticky). However they don't have .9.56 yet. Some users have posted their own debs on the forums here (be careful with installing random debs though; make sure you trust the source). You could also compile it yourself, though I've never done that so I don't know how hard or easy it might be.

rasmus91
February 26th, 2008, 11:40 AM
you can use the synaptics package manager to upgrade wine...

YMS_1975
April 20th, 2008, 06:16 AM
I tried upgrading it via the Synaptic Package Manager but it won't allow me to. The only options available are :

1) Mark for reinstallation
2) Mark for removal
3) Mark for complete removal
4) Properties
5) Mark suggested for installation

Also, the "Mark for upgrade" option is greyed out, so I can't upgrade it.
How do I upgrade to 0.9.60?

If you can, please give me step by step instructions (I'm a Ubuntu newbie). :)

YMS_1975
April 20th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Nevermind my last post. The Wine HQ website offered excellent step by step instructions. I was able to follow that. It upgraded like a charm :)

Problem is...it still won't run the program I needed it to run (TomTom's HOME software).

I guess it's back to square one. :mad:

Thorun
April 27th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Hi.

I'm at the exact problem here. I have searched the WineHQ site for the upgrade info, but I can't seem to find it.

Could you, now when you have managed to upgrade it, tell me how/where it is done?

I'm allmost new to linux and likes the step-by-step method... Or if you could direct me (step by step) to the exact web-adress that says how it's done.

I would hate to screw up things...:confused:

Thanks in advance.