PDA

View Full Version : Repository public key not available

eirik
October 1st, 2005, 12:12 PM
Hi,
Whenever i add a new repository found at apt-get.org i get the following error when reloading the package list in Synaptic package manager: "W: GPG error: ftp://ftp.nerim.net etch Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 07DC563D1F41B907."
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

in addition, can anyone tell me where to find a good beginner's guide on how to install *.deb and *.tar packages?

thanks!

aysiu
October 1st, 2005, 05:09 PM
Whenever i add a new repository found at apt-get.org i get the following error when reloading the package list in Synaptic package manager: "W: GPG error: ftp://ftp.nerim.net etch Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 07DC563D1F41B907."
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Follow the instructions here (http://www.mepislovers-wiki.org/index.php?title=Public_key_not_available_error). I think I read somewhere once that it's generally a good idea to enable Ubuntu's own extra repositories (http://ubuntuguide.org/#extrarepositories) instead of adding Debian ones. Can anyone confirm this?

in addition, can anyone tell me where to find a good beginner's guide on how to install *.deb and *.tar packages? For debs
sudo dpkg -i packagename.deb For .tar.gz, unzip it (this can be down graphically... I don't remember the command line stuff off the top of my head) and then
sudo ./configure
sudo make
sudo make install

eirik
October 2nd, 2005, 11:47 AM
I get this when following the instructions:

me@mycomputer:~$ sudo gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-keys 9F8E2A98D1A4EDE5
gpg: key D1A4EDE5: public key "Klaus Ethgen <Klaus@Ethgen.de>" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg: imported: 1 (RSA: 1)

me@mycomputer:~$ sudo gpg --armor --export D1A4EDE5 | apt-key add -
gpg: no writable keyring found: eof
gpg: error reading `-': general error
gpg: import from `-' failed: general error

Help anyone?

GTvulse
October 2nd, 2005, 08:13 PM
Follow the instructions here. I think I read somewhere once that it's generally a good idea to enable Ubuntu's own extra repositories instead of adding Debian ones. Can anyone confirm this?

Absolutely correct. Using the Marillat repositories in particular is the surefire way to break your system to the point of needing to reinstall and start from zero.